I am still enjoying trying to be a bit more crafty/domestic. Lets be honest, I think that it is a built in/born with talent to just come up with ideas and projects on your own. Maybe with time and practice I will get better at this but for now I am happy with the step by step tutorials on someone else's idea. Someday, maybe someday I will come up with my own stuff, but here you are with my latest....
I got this crayon roll-up idea from a friends blog(thanks KW!) And I think it is such a fun and cute simple sewing project. So fun and cute that I have already made(and given away) 5 of them! Just put it with a couple coloring books and there you go, an easy gift idea. It doesn't take up much room in the diaper bag and is nice to always have on hand.

For mothers day I made my mom some curtains for her kitchen. She picked out and delivered the fabric to me along with the old ones that used to be there, and I just used the old ones as basically a pattern to follow. It was actually a simple gift this year. I didn't have to go to a store and pick out something that she doesn't need or will not use. Feels good knowing my mom will get to enjoy my gift.
Since we had extra fabric I sewed together a quick center piece mat for her as well.
You are AMAZING! I love it all!
ReplyDeleteYay! I love that you made the crayon rolls too, I thought it was such a simple project but so handy. Love the curtains and the shirts too. I need to break out my sewing machine more often.
ReplyDelete