Monday, October 6, 2008

Road Trip!

This weekend I made the long(and I mean LONG) drive to South Dakota, Jay is working out there so what a great excuse to go see all these National Monuments



Everyone told me to expect Mt. Rushmore to be so much smaller than I would think but actually it was the exact size I thought it would be, I wasn't disappointed

And we got to see a real live mountain goat right in the middle of the Mt Rushmore trail

I pictured South Dakota flat for some reason but it was beautiful, at least the part I got to see. The whole time I was there I felt like I was driving in one giant canyon. The leaves were changing colors, it was a gorgeous drive


Crazy Horse was enormous. To put this rock sculpture into perspective, Mt Rushmore would fit on the side of Crazy Horse's head. They're not done with it and I doubt I will see it done in my life time but it was still cool to see. This is what it will look like finished



It was so nice to spend some time with my husband away from the everyday stuff, I love road trips(well if I could just take a plane to where I want to go!)


The picture doesn't capture the size of Devils Tower but it was pretty big as well

Yes, that is a guy climbing up the tower. CRAZY!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had allot of fun. I bet it was nice to see jay again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that is a person climbing the tower! That is so funny about the night cleaning. It probably is unusual huh! I want to go see that someday.

    ReplyDelete